Thursday, September 5, 2013

Oh geez, do NOT play word assocation with me!

Original, spontaneous working title: Melanoma, Carcinoma, Salmonella, oh my!

In an effort to eat healthier (I'm not totally on the healthful-is-more-awesome-than-healthy bandwagon) and (tbh) to save my dwindling petty cash, I packed a lunch today.
I should have known better. I ended up eating an over-priced and under-satisfying lunch out instead.  So while I'm counting sheep and wondering why, even though I am exhausted and daydream about taking naps, I can't ever seem to fall asleep before 2:00 am, I realize-my lunch is still packed and on top of the washing machine.
And I start playing the game.  How much of my lunch will still be edible tomorrow if it stays in the lunch bag?  I hate going grocery shopping and just did my monthly trip (okay, it was 6 weeks between shopping trips this time, I admit it) two days ago. I really hate to waste perfectly yummy cheese. But who am I kidding? I am not getting out of bed to unpack now.  So what is salvageable in there?  What is the worst thing that would happen if I ate my sandwich tomorrow?  And isn't cheese already moldy? 
And now I'm hungry. And wide awake. 
Still not getting out of bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment